Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Talent Miscalculation

The world is not linear, not even close, lately I've questioned whether the world is truly 80/20, I've started to think that the world is probably more like 80/10 or in some instances even 90/10.



The non-linear benefit of talent..



The earlier on in the organization the more valuable



-Make or break is ego or outcome (we call it power vs. achivement)



-TopGrading





-THe answer lies more in repsect and filtering than in direct monetary rewards..

-Respect talent and admire it.. respect talent for it is and not for what it's not



-Talented people have strong strengths and strong weaknesses



-Just like I can spot talent very quickly I also turn off very quickly, I have no interest in someone who undervalues my strengths by anything more than say 20% percent.. in a business context that person is not valuable to me whether it is Bill Gates or anyone else.



-I know within 5 minutes can weed out 80% of people..





P.S. Don't miss an important post! Sign up to receive this blog by email!

02

03
04 17 18
blog comments powered by Disqus